Well… most folks’ lips are three dimensional to start with. But the problem with smacking on only one shade of colour, especiallyly matte ones and you’d stand the risk of getting a very flat appearance.
Think drawing a picture with and without shading in light and shadow. Cartoonish no?
What’s more, visually reducing the size of your lips with dimensional shading also creates the illusion of a slimmer jawline. Try it to believe!
The secret is actually to use multiple colours in similar tones (you don’t have to if you’re into bright ombre fashion) and gloss!
Of course knocking off the gloss bit for matte lips works fine too albeit not as effective
Alternatively, for colour-shy feministas, swapping your lighter coloured base colour for concealer works too for a more natural look.
Saw a similar idea in a magazine the other day with the concealer version below:
Posts You Might Like:
- Click to Expand!(http://sgblogawards NULL.omy NULL.sg/)
- Subscribe (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/valerie NULL.nzl) to my Facebook! (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/valerie NULL.nzl) (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/badges/)
(http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/valerie NULL.nzl)
- Hi, I'm Valerie Ng. Browse my blog for beauty, health, lifestyle and other women's related jibber jabber. Love it or hate it, either way, please at the least respect it. Check out my profile page for more nitty gritty about myself!
- (http://instagram NULL.com/valerienzl?ref=badge)
- Carbo-loaded #breakfast with ♥ @pennyuniversity
- Singing the blues #notd
- The only shot I managed to get of yummy #jennybakery #cookies from hk. I finished them all straight after!!!! Muahahaha! Thanks @ohalegna
- Portobello Burger brunch #sundayfunday
- #glitter #notd with ring from @bornprettystore 10% discount code: VNGK31
- Diet #fail
Tags65daigou 99 Percent Hair Studio 99 Percent Nail Studio Bornprettystore China Glaze CRC Makeup Dejavu Essence Estee Lauder Etude House exercise fitness food Gel Nails Hair Haircare Inglot L'oreal Laneige MAC Majorca Majolica Makeup Makeup Forever Maybelline My Fat Pocket Nail art Nails Nivea NYX O'right OPI Prada Qoo10 Real Fit RealFit Secretive Sexylook Singapore Skincare Sleek Makeup Soak Off Gel Stila TaoBao Urban Decay Youtube