Had my first makeover over at Chez Vous Hair Salon last week and I am madly in love with my hair right now! Have received several compliments since last week.
What sets Chez Vous Hair Salon apart is basically the services.
MORE ABOUT CHEZ VOUS
What started as a modest outfit in Bugis Junction in 1995 has since evolved into a 30-seater luxury salon in the heart of Orchard Road. Now with 2 other well-recognised outlets under the sub-brand Salon Vim by Chez Vous, the business has grown from a founding team of 4 to over 100 professionals across the group.
The brainchild of founders Thomas Teo and Riz Tan (both previously of the famed FOX Salon), the duo has garnered a loyal following and crafted a core portfolio over the last 19 years.
At the newly renovated Chez Vous, you are immediately greeted by an intriguing display wall of products and brightly coloured hand sculptures. These sculptures represent the hands of the many people that have been on Chez Vous’ journey, reminding them and us that the success of this unassuming industry heavyweight was built neither overnight nor alone.
Chez Vous’ signature menu ranges from the buzzing Ikebana series to scalp and Keratin treatments and Korean styling by one of their own hair directors whom hails from Korea.
Customers will also be delighted to know that Chez Vous has a team of experts who specialise in treating and cutting Caucasian hair, providing a solution to the difficulties many expatriates face in Singapore.
Some of the initiatives launched last year were, their cheeky by-appointment only makeover parties coined “Mix, Mingle, Makeover” as well as their #ThursdayisthenewFriday programme once a month where there will be a surprise treat for all guests e.g. macaroon and wine butler service, waive of bills etc., ongoing campaigns and efforts to support emerging designers. As a show of their support, Chez Vous’ shopfront will regularly be transformed by Singapore’s design personalities on the rise.
Late last year, Chez Vous also launched their We’ll Fix It initiative. Under this initiative, Chez Vous’ team of directors-only hair professionals will receive any customers who have had unsatisfactory treatments or cuts at other salons and redress any damage done. Armed with a team of experts in various disciplines, Chez Vous is more than well equipped to fix and repair sub-optimal results of hair services such as colouring, cutting, straightening, perming, bleaching etc.
We’ll Fix It is an ongoing initiative, and free of charge if there is a lapse of less than one week between the treatment in question and the customer’s visit to Chez Vous; this is limited to 1 customer a day and only from Sundays to Thursdays.
Here are some of the reasons as to why Chez Vous is my preferred hair salon.
1. Located in Takashimaya, the location is very centralised and convenient.
2. The quality of the service is impeccable. Their services ranges from haircut & chemical services to scalp and hair treats. The staff are very friendly and offers to refill the drinks more often than other salons I have been to. Like other prestige salons, Chez Vous offers a menu to their customers and serves drinks and snacks. Quality of the drinks are there. If you are hungry, you can even ask the staff to buy you food outside!
3. A trademark signature Chez Vous scent greets guests, as they are welcomed at the HYDRA BAR, a tasteful gourmet alcove complete with a divine selection of Laduree teas and organic nibbles.
4. The WOW private room will provide sanctuary to the most discerning of guests; choose from an array of hair treatments or customise your own and let your hair get pampered from root to tip.
5. Besides empathising with the customers and their concerns, they also have a soft spot towards young and upcoming local designers, where they allow them to showcase their work in the stores.
6. The colouring skill of their colourists and stylists are superb. As told by most of my friends, most stylists are unable to do multi coloured hair like mine. To achieve the multiple colours on my hair, it is not a simple task. Are you excited to see my hair already? You should be! Just incase if you love my hair colours, do mention to them that you are looking to have “Hidden Galaxy”. Thats the name of my hair colours!
7. As mentioned above, Chez Vous is a hair salon with a heart. Read more about it here.
8. For those who love to mingle and party, Chez Vous has a treat for you. Engage and recharge in your own personalized makeover party. Chez Vous is the perfect backdrop for your beauty and social event.
9. Patrons can take their pick from 30 posh and plush styling pods all equipped with in-seat entertainment gadgets. The whimsical SPLASH wash bay dazzles with infinity mirrors and an artistic ceiling installation while the COCOON dome houses customised treatments, makeovers and other pampering sessions.
These are of course not the ONLY reasons as to why Chez Vous is the best in my opinion. Do head down to their salon today to find out why it is for yourself!
If you are looking for a good hairstylist and colourist! Do look for Sam Chok, he’s one of the associate directors over at Chez Vous Hair. He is also the creator behind my hair.
Hope this helps and thank you for reading xx!
ngee ann city podium singapore 238872