Back with another interesting update! Last week, my girlfriend and I attended the media invite for Huang Ah Ma, the Oriental Spa Chamber and we had a great time learning about the benefits of the facial and spa regimen Huang Ah Ma offers. We were so delighted to find out we could get a 90 min complimentary try out of this regimen. Apparently, this is Singapore’s first ever late night spa and facial regimen for good health which is also otherwise known as the Imperial Night Beauty Secret Spa & Facial.
SHORT BACKGROUND STORY ON HUANG AH MA, THE ORIENTAL SPA CHAMBER
Huang Ah Ma, The Oriental Spa Chamber, aims to be one of the finest luxurious spas in Singapore. This hotel spa is tastefully decorated in an oriental setting, offering a haven of relaxation and hospitality with modern amenities. It is ideal for those seeking a well-deserved spa break with solutions to their beauty needs.
Address: 50 Mosque Street, Singapore 059528
Contact:+65 6536 1661
Opening hours: 11am to 3am
For the first part of the event, we were greeted with their signature ginger tea that is very good for the women’s body. I like to drink ginger tea whenever I have the period because it helps soothe my tummy cramps. After that, we were given a rejuvenating foot soak which was filled with boiling water. Not very used to soaking my feet in boiling water, I had a difficult time soaking my feet in because the water was too hot! However, after hearing how it helps in blood circulation, I took the plunge.
At the event, the techniques of the massage were demonstrated to us. After the demonstration, we went on a guided tour around the place and boy, was the place huge! There were several couple and single rooms. There are even saunas inside the place.
After the whole event, they gave us a taste of how good their massage was with a 5 mins head massage and also offered us bowls of tasty porridge cooked by the speaker herself. I have forgotten the chinese name for it but apparently it is called the 8 treasures porridge if I am not wrong.
A LITTLE INFORMATION ON THE MASSAGE
This unique imperial Night Beauty Secret Spa & Facial promises to help one relax fully after a long day, help with insomnia and aid in promoting good health at the same time. From what I learnt in this event, the perfect beauty sleep timing is actually from 10pm to 2am and this massage aims to help you enjoy that little hours of beauty sleep!
The routine centres around the introduction of special herb blends and crafted massage techniques to enhance cell recovery and rejuvenation, which works best at night.
The late night spa and facial routine starts with a foot spa, inspired by a simple but powerful therapy, the bath routine of the Yao Tribe women. The Yao Tribe can be found in the mountainous terrains of the southwest and south China, and the women are known to lead lives that are free from sickness and ailments. Possessing a strong constitution, the Yao women can go about their daily activities immediately after giving birth.
The herbs used are speranskia, acacia, turmeric and a mix of rare Yunnan herbs. These herbs help with problems like insomnia. The herbs open pores and in turn help the skin reap the full medicinal benefits of the herbs. they also aid in enhancing blood circulation and overall well-being. The Yao bath can also accelerate sweating enable you to expel the toxins in your body.
Now, at Huang Ah Ma, you can enjoy the health benefits of this concoction of herbs, and more. The eight-step relaxing spa and facial regimen includes the following:
- “Yao Yu” Foot Soak (瑶浴), as outlined above
- Back Massage to help relax the body
- Artemisia Herbs (艾草) Detox and Ear Candling: Artemisia herbs are placed on the navel, helping you to relax. This step will also detox and clear the meridian. When your body pores are open and the 12 meridian blockages are cleared, harmful materials can be expelled. The multitude of benefits includes skin nourishment, relief of itching as well as prevention and curing of skin and gynaecological diseases. The step will also improve the micro-circulation system, digestion and alleviate problems like fatigue and muscle pain.
- Facial Cleanse with Huang Ah Ma’s very own product
- Enzyme Facial Peel with Huang Ah Ma’s very own product
- Musical Ball Face Massage: This massage will whisk you away to a state of tranquillity. The moving steel balls produce a soft tinkling sound. The therapist will execute four strokes in this order, for the ultimate relaxation: 1) Effleurage stroke – A soothing, stroking movement used at the beginning of the facial to encourage lymphatic return 2) Drainage stroke – Lymphatic stimulation and drainage 3) Soothing stroke – Relax the muscle and skin 4) Shiatsu pressure – Reduce the pressure stress and mental stress
- Custom Blended Mask: This soothing chiffon aloe mask is suitable for all skin types. It nourishes and relaxes the skin.
- Hand Meridian Massage
This 90-minute treatment, the “Imperial Night Beauty Secret Spa & Facial”, has an introductory price of $88 (UP: $188). It is offered at Huang Ah Ma starting 4 Feburary 2015 onwards.
This treatment is recommended to be experienced from 7pm onwards as the regime is put together to suit one’s skin condition and temperature at night.
Due to the herbs and massages, it is not recommended for pregnant ladies and those suffering from cancer.
OVERALL THOUGHTS ON THE MASSAGE
So I went with my friend and she was raving about how awesome the massage was and also how beneficial it was to her. She slept like a baby the moment she reached home. During the massage, we managed to fell asleep during the Musical ball massage. It was very soothing and painless for those who worry about how facial massages feels like. My skin felt very smooth after the whole thing too and both of us thought our skin glowed! I guess it was because of the enzyme facial peel. If you ask me, this is value for money for those who suffer from insomnia! I would pay anything to get good health and ample rest.
Thank you for your invite, Natasha and Vanessa.
Hope this helps and thank you for reading guys!