What are you doing during the school holidays? It is a good time to take a break after the exams, go for a short holiday, or even take up a part-time job or internship to make full use of your time before school reopens.
you know what you want to do with your life upon graduation? Some of us
do, but most of us don’t. The fastest and easiest way to get an inkling
of what you would like to do and develop the relevant skills in the process is to embark on a journey of self-discovery
through part-time jobs and internships.
Through part-time jobs and internships, you will also get to assess if a particular industry or corporate culture gels with your personality and career aspirations. With a better understanding of yourself, your environment and the necessary skills required to succeed in an industry of your choice, you will certainly get a head start when it comes to securing your dream job later on.
Remember, first impressions count, so I thought I would leave you with 5 tips to secure that job/internship:
1. Customize your resume to highlight skills and experiences that are relevant to the job that you are applying for (most candidates tend to omit this critical step.)
2. Highlight your strengths and experiences that are relevant to the job that you’ve applied for in your resume and at the interview
3. Do your due diligence on the company that you’ve applied to prior to the interview
4. Dress appropriately for the interview
5. Go in with a positive attitude. Employers are always on the lookout for people who are eager to learn and contribute.
Hope you found this post useful and here’s wishing you all the best in your job search!