‘Mugi’ your way to upgrade your rice’s nutritional value, deliciously!
Oshi (brand) Mugi ($9) isa type of rolled / pressedbarley from Japan’sAichi that is regarded as “super food” for its nutrients and high amount of fiber. Its fiber content is greater than the quinoa and brown rice I have, and 15 times more than white rice.
The Japanese like to add a small amount of mugi to their rice (MugiMeshi) and have them cooked together. The rice mixture will become more nutritious, and have a new dimension in flavor that is particularly sweet and nutty to me. Mugi Meshi tasted really good and I enjoyed its overall chewy texture.
The recommendedricetobarleyratiois7 :3 but after some experimenting, I like it at 1 : 1 because I love my food to have more bites and textures. You can cook the mugi with the rice at the same timing because the barley is pressed to increase surface area for shorter cooking time.
We should try to eat more mugi whenever possible. Try ways such as cooking them in a porridge or baking them in breads since its solublefiber can reducecholesterolintake and keep us feelingfull for longer.
Oshi Mugi can be purchased at IppinSection of MetroCenterpointLevel4.
This is a holy grail for someone starting on tomato juice!
I have been drinking tomato juice which I believe for its health benefits, so looking out for more varieties and taste testing become relatable to me.
How often do you see tomato juice being bottled up so beautifully? Only the Japanese would and this miu TomatoJuiceGold ($40) from NagoyaLidaFarm is absolutely stunning with its long flute-like bottle. It bottle contains 300ml of tomato juice that is translucent.
miu Tomato Juice Gold has got goldstandard because it is made from cherry tomatoes harvested in Nagoya, which is famous for their highsugarcontent. Thesugaris produced naturally with the help of organic fertilizer, bonito and kelp. This tomato juice has no additional sugar, salt, coloring or preservatives. It is also additive and chemical free.
miu Tomato Juice tasted light and refreshing, almost like a tomato drink instead of juice. This is a little different from Ajikoi Tomato Juice (that I reviewed previously) which is thicker in viscosity and heavier in taste. Best to serve this tomato juice chilled or you can use it as a cocktailingredient.
miu Tomato Juice (Gold) can be purchased at IppinSection of MetroLevel4.
I know a very beautiful middle aged woman and she eats tomatoes everyday.
I get to know and try this AjikoiTomatoJuice that is madeinJapan from tomatoes of Japan Tochigi. Tochigi is famous for their production of sweet and juicy tomatoes! Ajikoi Tomato Juice comes in a set and is made with 100%freshtomato.
Each bottle is 500ml and cost $46 or a 2 bottle gift set at $105. The tomato juice is readilytobedrank directly from the bottle or you can mix your own creativebeverages.
I recommend to mix the tomato juice with something citrusy, minty, and with a pinch of salt. It will be a refreshing healthy bevey that taste great!
AjikoiTomatoJuice can also be used to makejelly and other healthy desserts. For me, I like to use this as tomato sauce for cooking in my dishes such as tomato chili chicken and tomato fried quinoa. This is definitely healthier than tomato sauce and the flavor is really good.
There are manyhealthbenefits when you consume tomato juice. Are you aware of them?
1) Anti-Cancer with the presence of carotenoid lycopene. It is an antioxidant that scavenge on free radicals to prevent cell & tissue damage. This in turn will prevent disease such as cancer.
2. Improve Vision as tomatoes are rich in vitamin A (retinol) which maintains the health of the tissues in the retina.
3. Promote Weight Lost because lycopene can protects the body against metabolic diseases, reduce waist circumference, serum cholesterol & inflammatory adipose level in the body.
4. Detoxify the Liver since alkaline food can improve liver disturbance.
5. Healthier Heart by lowering of LDL and bad cholesterol, hence reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
6. Better Gut Health by increasing population of lactobacillus bacteria for a healthy digestive system.
7. Powerful Beauty Aid as it is antioxidant-rich and can stop cells from getting damaged. It can also aid cell and tissue for repair. Skin can stay healthier and more glowing.
Are these reasons good enough to include tomato juice in your diet? If so, get the premium ones from Ippin now. AjikoiTomatoJuice can be purchased at MetroCentrepointLevel4 and MetroParagon at Level2.