Matte lipsticks are not going out of trend any time soon as we see beauty brands coming up with interesting formulas and textures. If you’re a beauty junkie looking for a bit of fun in your lipstick game, try metallic mattes.
The Too Faced Melted Matte-tallic Liquified Metallic Matte Lipstick is every beauty lover’s dream come true. These plush dimensional colours are statement pieces that let you stand out with your makeup looks. You’ll never appear boring again with these stunning puckers!
Whether you’re a makeup junkie, the Too Faced melted Matte-tallic, with its good range of shades are sure to allow you to take your makeup look from day to night. Drench your lips in a rich, brushed metal finish with this velvety matte formula for a luxurious plush wear. It’s lightweight, comfortable to wear and long-lasting too, which makes for an ideal lipstick if you hate to do touch-ups (like me).
In terms of longevity, it’s said to be a 25-hour long-wearing colour that’s transfer-proof and kiss-proof. However, I find that once you start eating, the oil in the food starts breaking down the pigment on your lips, which causes the colour to run. After which, you’ll probably get this feeling that you’ve got a layer of something on your lips. I don’t know how best to describe but basically it won’t feel as weightless as you’ve just applied.
I’ve also realised that after a couple of hours, my lips become dry and it starts flaking a little, which is the case for most matte lipsticks for me. Don’t get me mistaken though because I still enjoy wearing these lipsticks for they are one of the better liquid matte formulas out there.
There are altogether 14 shades including a special transformation shade that you can layer on top of your lip colour:
- Sugar Kisses – metallic powder pink
- Pillow Talk – metallic nude
- Our Lips Are Sealed – metallic coral with light gold sheen
- Breakup, Makeup – metallic baby pink
- Bitch, I’m Too Faced – metallic rose red
- I Wanna Rock With You – metallic deep red/burgundy
- I Dare You – metallic berry violet
- Scream My Name – metallic deep purple
- The Real Teal – metallic deep teal
- Faking It – metallic light coffee brown
- You Better Work! – metallic light warm brown
- Give It To Me – metallic brown with a gold sheen
- Caffeine Queen – metallic chocolate brown
- Magic Metal Transformer – a metallic violet-to-copper duo chrome
All in all, I love the shades and the dimensional matte finish for it gives the lips a pop of energy with that shine but isn’t over the top. In terms of shade range, I think Too Faced can do better to develop more orange/red/violet kind of shades. I feel that there are too many nudish pink tones which is tough to pull off especially for the Asian skin tones.
Create yourself and be gorgeous! XOXO, Roanna.
Disclaimer: Products were provided by Too Faced for consideration. The above review is based on my true and honest opinion and experience, without influence from others or the brand. It contains information from the brand. I am NOT compensated nor affiliated with the brand.