In today’s city, we’re constantly being exposed to pollutants in the air, which can cause skin problems such as congestion and dullness etc. How do you maintain your skin’s clarity? For me, I mask a lot, and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT… like every day!
On days when I require exfoliation and thorough cleansing of my pores, I turn to exfoliators and clay masks. Lately I’ve been putting the Sand & Sky Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment and the Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask to the test and I must say that ever since I’ve picked them up, I can’t stop!
Having oily/combination skin, I always find myself being a disco ball during midday when my skin’s natural oils start to surface. As a result, I’m constantly battling blackheads, whiteheads and acne. If you’re prone to such skin issues too, then you’ll find the Sand & Sky Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment a skin-saver.
The Sand & Sky Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment is a triple-action exfoliator and mask that helps to absorb oil and refine pores. It helps to also resurface and mattify your skin, which is much needed in our hot tropical climate.
It contains the following:
- Australian Pink Clay – remove toxins, pollution and impurities from deep within the skin, eliminates shine and helps regulate oil production
- Macadamia Seed and Bamboo – physical exfoliators that help to gently remove dead skin cells from your skin’s surface
- AHAs in Australian Finger Lime – speed up cell turnover
- Rosehip, Grapeseed & Olive Oils – rich in antioxidants, clear oily debris from deep within pores
- Witch Hazel – tightens pores and perks up tired skin without stripping it of moisture
I usually use this during my shower after washing my face, about twice a week, and I find that my skin looks brighter as the dead skin cells are exfoliated. With properly exfoliated skin, skincare products can also better penetrate to work their magic.
To complement the treatment, I use the Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask to hydrate my skin and tighten my pores. This mask is a 4-in-1 treatment that comes with an applicator brush to help you apply the mask easily without dirtying your hands.
The mask contains the following ingredients:
- Australian Pink Clay – detoxes, purifies and tightens pores
- Organic Liquorice – stimulates new cell production
- Old Man’s Weed – tackles pigmentation clusters
- Aloe Vera – a natural astringent that tightens pores and soothes irritation
- Pomegranate – boosts collagen production for plump, juicy skin
- Kakadu Plum – world’s richest source of Vitamin C for glowy, clear skin
The potent formula is said to help detoxify and brighten your skin in 10 minutes. I find that if you use this twice a week, it really helps to remove excess oil and you’ll feel that your skin feels cleaner and more radiant.
However, I find that the packaging of this mask jar is pretty heavy, which can be quite inconvenient should you decide to travel with it. I also find that for users who have larger pores (like mine), you might not be able to see visible pore-tightening results and might take diligent use to really achieve the desired outcome.
All in all, this skin-perfecting duo is pretty effective in cutting out the gunk in my skin and what’s more, the pink packaging is so so pretty to look at! I feel good just by reaching for them already!
Cheers to good skin!~
Create yourself and be gorgeous! XOXO, Roanna.
Disclaimer: Products were provided by Sand & Sky and MyFatPocket for consideration. The above review is based on my true and honest opinion and experience, without influence from others or the brand. It contains information from the brand. I am compensated for providing this review.