If you need to know what my favourite Chinese festival is, it has got to be the Mid-Autumn because I have very fond memories of me playing with lanterns and candles with my siblings and kids at the playground. When we were young, we would wait for the clock to strike 6.30pm so that we start preparing our candles and whatsnot!
Did I also mention that as compared to the Chinese New Year (CNY), I love love love eating mooncakes more?! You can say that I am always looking forward to the next Mid-Autumn Festival after one ends!
Since I was gifted with quite a few boxes of mooncakes this year, I have decided to come out with a listicle on the best mooncakes received for 2020 in Singapore!
1. Mandarin Orchard
Delight in an exquisite ensemble of handcrafted mooncakes inspired by the flavours of autumn. From signature favourites such as the Mixed Nuts and Jamón Ibérico Baked Mooncake, to contemporary delicacies such as the Red Wine Cranberry with Japanese Yuzu and Lemongrass Snow Skin Mooncake—Mandarin Orchard Singapore’s mooncake collection makes a wonderful addition to your mid-autumn celebrations.
Available from 25 August to 1 October 2020.
- Early Bird Discount – Enjoy 30% off selected mooncakes for DBS/POSB cards members. Simply key in the first 6 digits of your DBS/POSB credit /debit card number followed by DBS30 upon checkout to enjoy the discounts! Eg. XXXXXXDBS30
Valid for Pickup and Delivery!
To purchase Mandarin Orchard Mooncakes, click here.
2. Paradise Group
Celebrate this mid autumn festival by indulging in delectable mooncakes with an array of baked and snow skin favourites with your loved ones. Paradise Group mooncakes come in a beautiful box which you can reuse it for CNY!
The new collection set to include its newly created Fruity Liqueur Snow Skin Mooncakes (S$62 per box of 8 pieces)! All mooncakes are lovingly made by hand, baked fresh upon order, and they contain no preservatives. Each of these soft Fruity Liqueur Snow Skin Mooncakes is filled with silky smooth white lotus seed paste and a chocolate truffle core infused with different liqueurs. Encasing the soft centre is a thin layer of crunchy chocolate shell made using premium, natural chocolate from Valrhona’s Inspiration, the world – leading chocolate company’s first ever range of fruit and nut couvertures.
Exclusively for Citi, Maybank and PGR Cardmembers:
- Now till 31 Aug 2020 – 20% OFF Mooncakes (Public enjoys 10% off)
- 1 to 30 Sep 2020 – 15% OFF Mooncakes
To purchase Paradise Group Mooncakes, click here.
3. Mercure Singapore
Song Garden introduces four new snowskin flavours, alongside the well-loved bird’s nest snowskin mooncake.
The newest collection, Tea-rrific Snowskin, which consists of 4 new flavours – Green Apple with Osmanthus-Honey Tea, Lychee with Green Tea, Pu’er Tea with Orange-Yuzu and Osmanthus-Oolong Tea with Pink Grapefruit & Apricot. Each handcrafted gem consist of praline centre, enveloped in rich and silky lotus paste and a thin layer of soft snowskin. This novel creation is set to please your palate with heavenly aroma.
- 27 August to 24 September 2020: 20% off
- Credit Card Promotion- Enjoy 20% off Song Garden mooncakes from now till 1 October 2020 for UOB and POSB/DBS cardmembers!
To purchase Mercure Singapore mooncakes, please click here.
4. Mdm Ling Bakery
Mdm Ling Bakery steps up the game this mid-autumn with a Snakes-and-Ladders-themed board game mooncake tin cover. Not resting on its laurels with a bonding-friendly “Snacks and Ladders” board game mooncake tin design, Mdm Ling Bakery raises the game further with a harmonious pairing of its signature cookie-inspired mooncakes and Teabrary’s immunity-boosting tea selections in two bundles.
Reputed for its bevy of well-loved cookies, Mdm Ling Bakery changes the game this mid-autumn by drawing upon the ‘DNA’ of a handful of its signature cookies. The result is a rendition of legit mooncakes that bears semblance in taste to their cookie counterparts.
MID-AUTUMN PROMOTIONAL DETAILS:
- Mooncake Sale till 1 Oct 2020.
- Delivery from 10 Sep to 1 Oct 2020. Free delivery with $45 purchase.
- 25% off all mooncakes except mooncake bundles.
- Prices listed include GST.
Order Online www.mdmlingbakery.com
5. Polar Puffs & Cakes Mooncake
Polar Puffs & Cakes Mooncake 6 Pc Snow Skin Moon Cake Set ($21.67) is probably the most affordable mooncakes around.
- Pure Lotus: For the purist who simply wants to indulge in the uncompromised taste of lotus and subtle flavours of the snowskin.
- Durian: The distinctive fruit that is acquired taste, enjoyed by the region. A delightful balance of durian and lotus paste.
- Double Chocolate: Dark chocolate snowskin with chocolate and lotus filling – what is there not to like here?
- Cranberry Rose (NEW!): Flowers and fruits make for a pretty and good combination. Lovely rose infused snowskin, with a filling of lotus paste and cranberries.
- Brown Sugar Milk Tea (NEW!): Just can’t get enough of brown sugar milk tea? Enjoy that same delicious flavour in this milk tea snow skin packed with brown sugar lotus.
- Lychee (NEW!): Enjoy the refreshing taste of lychee encased in a sakura flower infused snowskin.
To purchase, please click here.
6. Golden Moments
Known for their durian goodies, Golden Moments is having a 1-for-1 promo from now till 6 September. Grab a box with 4 different flavors – Signature MSW, Docello Hazelnut MSW, Premium D24 and Premium Lychee Martini. While stocks last!
For every 2 boxes purchased, get a guaranteed FREE 5-star luxury spa pass to Spa Nes with ala-carte buffet!
To purchase, please click here.