How to make your Eyelash Extensions last longer?
Before & After Care is very important to make your eyelash extensions last longer and to maintain it so it could look pretty without having to remove them. After 2 years of experience with constantly eyelash extensions myself, here are some tips to share:
Before and During:
- Do not Curl or Clump your lashes or apply mascara 24 hours prior to your appointment
- Do not open your eyes during the process
- Try not to move around or talk during the process
- Keep water away from your lashes for the first 10 – 12 hours after application or touch-ups.
- Do not get your extensions wet for 24 to 48 hours after application. “Avoid swimming, working out,, steam rooms or hot yoga’’ for 48 hours if possible.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, pick, tug, twist or excessively touch your extensions.
- Try and sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions in the pillow
- Avoid using oily creams near the eye area.
- To keep your extensions in shape for longer. Reshape your extensions after you shower. Gently comb your lashes to fan them out.
- Use gel or water base make up remover that is non oily to remove your eye make up with a cotton bud.
- Use glycol and carbonate free eyeliner that do not contains oily ingredients
- Do not curl/clump your extension or put mascara on it
- DON’T neglect your own lashes. “Maintain the health of your natural lashes with an eyelash conditioner or growth serum. They help the hairs to stay in the follicle longer resulting in stronger support for the extensions.” (Top Korean Brand Doll-a-lash available at Beauty Recipe for $39.90) – http://list.qoo10.sg/item/PREMIUM-KOREA-FAMOUS-EYELASH-MAGIC/411182688?sellerview=on
For the past 2 months, I did a little experiment with my eyelash extension to test out how long it could last. I took photos of my eyelashes every week until about 2 months and there was still some strands of left over lashes from my eyelash extension.
Photo when it was first done…
Eyelash Extensions has become a necessity in my make up routine for me now. I saved so much time not having to curl my lashes and put on mascara everyday. Do you know that curling your lashes by clumping them harms your lashes? Even having to remove the mascara by makeup remover tugs and weaken your eyelashes. Having eyelash extension done had given me no hassle with not having to use lots of make up remover liquid to remove the mascara stains on my lashes.
I do put on eyeliner almost everyday and sometimes eye shadow as well but I used only non oily water based eye make up remover to remove my eye make up gently.
I also touch my eyelashes when I am washing my face. No problem with that, as Beauty Recipe uses ultra fine human eyelashes that is so soft and does not trap water when you wash your face. I read online that the common problem ladies always complain about heavy lashes and not being able to open their eyes during shower and when they wash their face because the eyelash extensions traps water thus preventing them from opening their eyes.
Human Eyelash at Beauty Recipe will have no such problem as they are not plastic like the synthetic lashes which will trap water. But other than washing my face and putting on contact lenses, I try not to touch my eyelashes or rub my eyes.
Anyway the key point is that the lesser you tug on your lashes, the longer your eyelash extension is going to last. Of course other factors like the original thickness, the length, texture…etc of the lash that you have also plays a small factor.
Heh! Not bad as after 14 days – 2 weeks, I would say 70% of my eyelash extensions are still in tact.
If you are someone who doesn’t use eye make up and not as ‘chor lor’ (rough) as me, your eyelash could last longer than mine. I would say about 40% – 50% left of the extension lashes at 21 days.
Because the human eyelashes are so fine and done in a way so natural so even though it falls out you can see it still looks ok with no big gaps. So no need to pay for removal as such. Another good point! Can just top up a bit of cash for the touch up 🙂
At Day 27, I still have about 30% of the lashes. I took a semi side front view photo for the Day 27 because the lashes are more obvious when viewing it from the front and sides when the eyes are open. *Who the hack can enjoy looking their own lashes when the eyes are closed?* We open our eyes most of the time when we are out and about right? Only when we are sleeping we close our eyes but I know as soon as I wake up in the morning my beautiful eyelashes are already there. 🙂
I think from the photo above, it is probably hard to tell which are the extensions and which are the real lashes. That’s how natural Beauty Recipe eyelash extension are with the human eye lashes. Beauty Recipe also use mink and silk eyelashes but I totally recommend the human hair as it is so soft and light weight, you can hardly feel any thing at all.
Does Beauty Recipe’s Eyelash Extensions cause real lashes to drop?
The biggest myth is that lash extensions ruin your own lashes. They do not, if applied correctly and properly, they are safe and do not ruin your natural lashes. At Beauty Recipe, your lashes are applied properly to each individual lash with a Korean extension technique, they won’t fall out.
Each of your natural lashes are individually separated and carefully bonded, one eyelash extension to one natural lash 1mm away from your eyelid to ensure your natural lashes growth is not affected and the glue does not come into contact with your skin. This technique creates a seamless look and feel as if these eyelash extensions were your own.
The above photo shows my real lashes after removal. The amount of my real eyelashes I had after 2 years of eyelash extension is the same as 2 years before. 🙂
This shows how important using high quality medical grade glue and quality eyelashes are to protect your real lashes when it comes to eyelash extensions.
- Beauty Recipe is one of the rare places offering Human Hair eyelash extensions which is ultra fine, soft, light and natural looking imported from Korea
- Human Hair eyelash extension lasts longer
- Don’t need for removal if you don’t want to as non-noticeable gaps. Can just let it drop naturally.
- Takes years of experience and talent for their beauticians to be able to achieve well balanced, even out, fan-shaped, curly natural looking eyelash extensions.
- Their technique used will not cause your balding of your natural lash
- Beauty Recipe uses certified safe medical grade glue and remover imported from Korea that does not have strong smell, sting the skin, cause allergic reaction or damage your lashes
- One stop service where you can do your Nails, Eyelash, Waxing, Facial all in one place
Call Beauty Recipe at 6567 3568 now for first Trial 400 Lashes!
Promotion at only $68 at Jurong East Outlet.
Beauty Recipe aims to provide affordable beauty solutions. No gimmicks or hard selling of packages! If you would like to find out more visit Beauty Recipe Official Website.
BEAUTY RECIPE AESTHETICS
Visit our official website at www.beautyrecipe.com.sg
JURONG EAST, MARINE PARADE AND ORCHARD GATEWAY
Do follow us on Instagram – Username ”thebeautyrecipe”
Like Us on Facebook – BUSINESS PAGE TO LIKE