I really love adding layers to an outfit, though sadly the reality is that it is often too hot in Singapore to be walking around with an outer wear, unless getting heat stroke is part of your plan. When the trend of bralettes were seen on the runway for the trends of 2017, I was really excited to be able to try this trend with careful pairing of the bralette and blouse. The bralette top over a crisp white shirt or turtleneck is my favourite kind of pairing, a simple look with a twist of unexpected layering. In this look though, I was feeling a little experimental and mixed it up with another 2017 trend of stripes. Every item in this outfit was a little excessive in its own ways so I had to fall back on a simple colour palette of black and blues.
The bralette top that I am wearing here was something I bought a couple of seasons ago when cropped bralette tops were popular but that was a time when everyone was wearing it on its own with the reveal of the midriff. I probably wore them only once before deciding that my midriff wasn’t really ready to face the world. So boy am I glad I can use them for this layered look.
Will you try this trend and probably even mange to dig out a cropped bralette top from past seasons just like me? Be sure to click through the various choices of bralette tops from lace to velvet.
Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!
- Adorned in Armor: Don't Forget Your Smile
- Beyond Her Curls: Sun + Stripes Miami
- Blonde a la Mode: Details in Denim
- Cateyes and Skinny Jeans: June Crush List
- DMKontrast: Hello Sunshine
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: The Contemporary Shirt Dress
- Elements of Ellis: Two Ways to Wear Gingham
- Everest Says: The Bralette
- Everyday Starlet: Face Spray, Face Mist & Setting Spray Review | Pixi, First Aid Beauty & More!
- Finite 1: Why Shirtdresses Are The Best For Any Day
- Funky Jungle: Why I Won't Repeat the Capsule Wardrobe Experiment
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: Effortless Chiffon Blouse x Black Leggings
- Life in the Fash Lane: 5 Wardrobe Staples for the Summer
- Oh to Be a Muse: Driving Traffic with Instastories + My Summer Picks
- Smile is It: 16 Father’s Day Gifts That Won’t Disappoint
- Sparkle & Spice: It's a Sleeve Thing
- Tales of Two: Fail Safe Colors for an Effortless Look
- The Modalista: 6 Tips to Break Out of a Blogging Rut & Feel Motivated Again