Black is chic and elegant. Black is slimming. Black complements all skin tone and hair colours.
Black is the fail safe dress code for work.
Black, however, can also be boring and one-dimensional. While it seems easy to be dressed in an all black outfit, there are some tips that you can keep in mind when putting together your all black outfit.
- Texture Mix – Mix up textures and fabric types. A black lace top worn with a black leather skirt is more visually interesting than an all black outfit of cotton apparels.
- Material Choice – Nothing looks more uncomfortable than a thick black wool dress in summer, though it looks perfect for a warm and cozy winter. Make sure that the material choice matches the season or occasion. Linen for the weekend, Silk shirts for work et cetera and you will not look out of place or inappropriately dressed.
- Fit & Form -When putting together an all black look, the fit and the form of the garment takes center stage. Although black is slimming, wearing clothes with good fit and form is definitely more flattering than a shapeless drabby outfit. Not forgetting that a good fit always make an outfit look more expensive.
- Focal Point – Create interest to the black on black outfit by adding statement accessories like jewelry or beautiful heels. If the garment has an interesting detail like waterfall ruffles or embroidery, let the detail be the focal point of your outfit.
- Dress it Up – Don’t forget the versatility of an all black outfit. Switching your ballet flats for a pair of heels, or changing your pink lip stain to bold red lips takes your look from day to night effortlessly.
This outfit was styled with an off- shoulder ruffles top from Tact.sg. Designed locally by the equally beautiful and talented Aggy Low of Aggylow.com ,this scuba material top married two of our favourite styles into one statement top. Showing off the sexy collar bone and shoulders with the flowing off shoulders while providing ample coverage for the mid section with an asymmetrical peplum look. It was beautifully designed for a sexy show of the shoulders and flattering peplum cut.
Juxtaposing the soft flowy top with a skater faux leather skirt from H&M that continued the volume of the asymmetrical peplum hem and finally ending the final touches with twinkly toes from Heatwave Shoes in grey to softly finish the all black outfit.
Thank you for dropping by!
Live & Love Life,