Hello people! Time flies isnt it! Once again its the end of another year and a start of a brand new year.
2017 had been a blast. I have worked with brands that I have never thought that I would ever worked with before and I have travelled quite alot this year too.
I went to Penang and JB in January, Taiwan in February, Cameron Highlands in March, Perth in May, Tokyo in June, Osaka and Kyoto in November and Montigo Resorts Batam in November. Quite crazy isn’t it!
Recently my colleague asked if my husband is very rich because she is quite surprised why I am able to travel so frequently when I’m already married. Actually I was quite upset because one thing that I hate the most is that people think that I’m using my husband’s money to travel. In case you are wondering, I am not.
I am quite against the idea of using someone else’s money to travel, (even if the person is my husband) because I am also working and earning money myself, so why would I need someone else to support my travels?
I am glad my grandmother brought me up well, I think I would have been another person if not for her. I also paid for my own poly and university education fees which sums up to a total of $30k so I don’t see why I can’t pay to travel.
Maybe everyone has different thinking but I strongly feel that if you want to travel the world, you should use your own money to do that. I’m lucky Simon likes to travel too. If he doesn’t like to, I would save my own money and go solo on my own, for real. If you have a boyfriend or a husband, that doesn’t mean he has to pay for your every single shit.
Sorry but I am quite a independent person, especially when it comes to money I draw a very obvious line. If I want something I pay for myself, I don’t go to my husband and say please can you buy me a chanel bag or a ticket to europe please? Nah that’s not me.
And oh another thing, alot of people actually think that I don’t save money at all!!! Only friends that are close enough know how much I save and I don’t really want to go into this la.. As long as I know I got save can already. :p I can only say that my situation is different from you.
Anyway rants aside, I am really grateful for everything that has happened in 2017. Even though I don’t have a official religion because I am a Omnist, I really want to thank God for granting me the wishes that I have prayed for when I was young.
Do you remember what you wish for when you were younger? So many things I want to be, to achieve, to provide when I get older. Recently I suddenly remember the goals I set for myself during my teenage years. I remember I want to xxx before 25, xxx before 30 and xxx before 45.
This year is a special year for me because I have met the goals I set and I am really happy. The last one would be the one before 45 and I am working hard towards it. 😀
I hated my life when I was young, but I’m really happy with the things I have now. I have a house, a wonderful husband, a stable job, savings, a sideline and the ability to have fun and travel. Sometimes I still want more but they are not that important, most importantly is that my family is healthy and happy.
So I am really really really grateful for all of these and I will never take these for granted.
I am also super thankful for all the jobs and opportunities in 2017. I have accepted at least 45 ‘p’ campaigns for this year and it is the highest number of jobs for me so far. I feel the happiest when clients or PRs told me I am very nice to work with and that I am very hardworking. I am really happy when I hear these comments because I know that my hard work and insufficient sleep did not go to waste. :’)
For 2018, there are a few things I want to do.
- To bake and cook more. I still remember those days when I bake banana cakes and sell them just for fun. Baking and cooking were so fun, I always have that sense of satisfaction whenever I finished the dishes and when people looked at me and say ‘wow this is good!’
- To stay away from crazy and toxic people
- To go to CPF and readjust our repayment amount. 🙂 After close to 2 years, there were a few changes so now we can repay more. I can’t wait to finish this, I think after adjusting we are left with 14-15years? And if you adjust every year, the term will get shorter too. I think we can finish this before I turn 40? Thank god I apply for this flat when I was still a student!!
- Learn to say No. This can be quite difficult but recently I’ve start to say alot of Nos.
- To publish one video a week!
- Cut down on carbs because I have been eating alot of cakes in 2017 :O
- Cut down on traveling The reason why I want to cut down is because I start to feel that I am starting to get a little excessive when it comes to traveling. I mean normal people travel once or twice a year right but mine is like an addiction whereby I want to step out of the country every 2-3 months. As I grow older I realize that this is unhealthy and I suddenly remember how I used to be able to travel only twice or thrice a year.
Frequent traveling makes me hate working and makes me really tired as well. I don’t think this is feasible in the long run. And I think I will appreciate travelling a little bit more if I start to travel lesser. I am starting to take this for granted.
- Another new beginning. :p
So far I have only confirmed 2 trips in Feb and March and I don’t intend to travel anymore until November/December. I can do this! Talking about the trip in November, YES I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED I CAN’T WAIT. It’s going to be our first time!
Lastly I want to thank you my lovely readers and followers for following my blog and IG for so many years. I really appreciate your support. <3 Let’s all work hard in 2018 and I wish you all the best in whatever you do!
Now I am going to end my post and continue writing my posts for the other topics. It’s going to be a busy start for the year and I am already excited. 😀