If almonds are you for your body – they’re good for your face too. Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid derived from bitter almonds.
A mandelic acid peel contains the AHA mandelic acid, which is derived and extracted from bitter almonds. However, it differs from glycolic and lactic acids in that its molecules are larger and do not penetrate the skin as deeply. As a result, there is less overall irritation when compared with other AHAs, which is beneficial for those who have sensitive skin that is prone to inflammation. In addition, mandelic acid has an antibacterial effect on the skin, which makes it a viable choice for those with acne-prone skin who want to have a chemical peel but are worried about clogged pores and irritation as a result. Love it already right?
So guess what:
Dr WU is Taiwan’s No. 1 clinical skincare brand, and they have cemented their reputation as the top beauty and skincare brand for skin renewal since 2011 with the launch of their popular Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid 18%. The first-of-its-kind to enable consumers to experience the same skin renewal treatment at a dermatologist’s office at the comfort of their own homes, the Serum had won numerous beauty awards both in Taiwan and overseas, and sold at a staggering rate of one bottle per 15 seconds. Sounds good? Read on
DR. WU has recently revised and enhanced the formula to launch the Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid that is targeted at consumers with dry or sensitive skin. With the golden ration of 5:2:1 of Mandelic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Pyruvic Acid, the new formula is milder on the skin, can penetrate deeper into the skin layers and delivers faster results in skin renewal.
Mandelic acid is the undisputed choice ingredient for at-home skin renewal.
- The macromolecular structure of the mandelic acid is closer to our skin structure than the commonly-used glycolic acid. So, it is readily absorbed.
- Mandelic acid is milder than azalea acid and/or other fruit acids.
- Mandelic acid offers low or no irritation to our skin.
- Mandelic acid can assist in faster and more effective metabolism of the dead skin cells.
After three years of intense research and testings, DR. WU clinical skincare research team, headed by Dr. Wu, has developed the all-new and enhanced Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid to cater to the needs of consumers with dry and/or sensitive skin. Comprising the revolutionary golden ratio of 5% Mandelic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid and 1% Pyruvic Acid, the new formulation can deliver an even more all-rounded skin renewal.
- Mandelic Acid works effectively on the top skin layer, exfoliating the aged or dead skin cells gently.
- Salicylic Acid aids in cleaning pores, clearing out the whiteheads and pimples.
- Pyruvic Acids can penetrate into deeper layers of the skin, helping with correcting dullness and resulting in smooth and radiant skin.
The Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid also includes other ingredients such as ABS Desert Blend and Pentavitin which helps in providing long-term hydration to the skin and rectifying conditions such as dry and flaking skin. So technical right? hahahaha
- Dr.WU Mandelic Renewal System utilizes the proprietary Dermo-Cells Renewal Technology to achieve five main beauty effects:
- Renewal of skin cells – gentle exfoliation of dead skin cells for smooth and fine skin
- Cleansing of pores – deep-layer repair to tighten pores
- Clearing of white heads – cleansing of the sebum to reduce formation of white heads
- Skin brightening – rectify dullness to reveal radiant skin
- Firming and anti-wrinkle – anti-aging properties for smooth and soft skin
|[Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid] 15ml / SGD 44.90
The ALL NEW gentle formula combines Three Acids in the perfect 5:2:1 Golden Ratio of Mandelic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Pyruvic Acid to penetrate deeper and faster for immediate skin regeneration! This breakthrough mild formula targets all epidermal layers with precision to eliminate skin troubles in one simple step — say bye-bye to acne, blackheads, enlarged pores and rough dullness! Take your skincare to a new level and restore flawless and smooth skin.
|[Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid 18%] 15ml / SGD 50.40
Intensive Renewal Serum With Mandelic Acid 18% is a revolutionary home spa facial treatment using several patented technologies and ingredients to refine skin texture, diminish fine lines and improves skin elasticity and firmness.
Available at WATSONS Oon Shu Ann not included lolol