Introducing The Naturally Better Company
An eco luxury boutique specializing in non toxic and sustainable products that promises quality and better health for you and your loved ones.
Featured brands include: Eco store, Priti NYC and Hurraw
I had the privilege of testing some of ecostore’s hand products.
Ecostore’s purpose is to create a healthy sustainable world. An NZ based brand, ecostore has for the past 18 years focused on bringing consumers everyday household products that are safer and healthier for you and your family. We love hearing from people whose eczema or allergy symptoms have improved or sometimes disappeared all together just by switching to ecostore. (This is getting my hopes up quite high) lol.
The brand does not compromise on performance either. Our plant based cleaning products are just as effective as the leading supermarket brands plus they are gentle on your skin & smell great too!
ecostore products are safer for the earth
Their aim is to help reduce the overall negative impact of our everyday living and business practices on the environment.
- Ecostore uses biodegradable ingredients that break down efficiently and harmlessly.
- Their products help reduce the number of toxic chemicals entering our water ways and are safer for septic tanks. Using ecostore products in your bathroom and laundry can also improve the quality of your greywater making it a viable resource to reuse on your garden or even to flush your toilet.
- Packaging is a big concern for us – we are currently using recyclable plastic (which is still less than ideal) so in order to reduce packaging we offer refill options or bulk sizes in many of our product lines.
- We use sustainably sourced plant and mineral based ingredients to create safer, healthier products that do the job just as effectively as the petrochemical based ones.
- We practise the precautionary approach – if there is any doubt about the safety of an ingredient for the environment or for people’s health we will find a safer alternative.
- We provide products which are proven to be safer with regard to skin irritation or absorption, respiratory effects or acute toxicity (ingestion). We’ve got 18 years worth of feedback from customers who have had reduced eczema, skin irritations and asthma.
- We set the benchmark high. Our products have to perform just as well or better than top selling supermarket brands.
- All ecostore products are tested by 3rd party laboratories.
value for money
- Our plant based ingredients are more expensive than petrochemical ones but we manage to keep our prices down by economically concentrating our formulations.
- We don’t use cheap fillers or bulking agents – just pure active ingredients.
- Cost per use is significantly less than many other supermarket brands.
Our integrity is very important to us. What this means for you is:
- We ensure all our statements are factually correct. If we make a mistake, we clean it up.
- All claims are derived from scientific research.
- All claims are easily verifiable by our customers.
One of the goals for ecostore is to be fully transparent which includes listing all ingredients on our product labels (even when we’re not asked to – which is currently the case with cleaning products).
Our journey is ongoing; at any one time there are things we would like to improve but it’s important to remember to stop and smile so here are a few of the highlights we’ve celebrated along the way.
Our laundry detergent was the standout performer in a recent survey by Canstar Blue in New Zealand where we beat the big brands Persil, Reflect and Fab, coming out on top overall and receiving:
★★★★★ Clean Quality
★★★★★ Number of washes
★★★★★ Feel of Clothes
I love how ecostores uses lots of natural essential oils in their products.
The Rose & Cardamon handwash smells so good. I too love the simplistic package that features cute crayon like scribbles.
I’ve yet to try my satchel of Orange and Patchouli handwash (brought this on to Langkawi trip but didn’t use it hehe)
For Nail Polish Lovers. Hear Ye.
if you have not known about Priti NYC eco-friendly nail polish
The genius brand carries a Soy Nail Polish Remover that is 100 percent biodegradable, non-toxic, and non-carcinogenic, but it is also housed in an apothecary style bottle that is completely recyclable.
Infused with soybean esters, it is naturally derived, and contains lemongrass essential oils. Imagine: No acetone, no carcinogens . wow
Known among beauty insiders as the pioneering leader in luxury eco-friendly nail polish, the quick success and notoriety of PRITI NYC
can be attested to it’s founder, Kim D’amato. The idea behind PRITI NYC came alive during her pregnancy. D’amato made a conscious effort to switch to organic foods and health products, yet couldn’t seem to find a way to beautify herself in the same natural manner.
In 2005, D’amato launched PRITI NYC with one simple mission: to support organic farmers and to decrease the amount of chemicals poisoning the Earth- and it’s inhabitants- one manicure at a time.
PRITI NYC 5 FREE, VEGAN & NON-TOXIC NAIL POLISH
PRITI NYC polishes are 5 Free & Vegan, completely non-toxic, and are free of toluene, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, and camphor – all known carcinogenic ingredients. These luxury polishes are fast drying, chip resistant, contain a UV inhibitor, and are extremely durable and glossy. They are also completely safe for use on children and moms-to-be. Available in over 100 different shades including metallics, mattes, bright neons, rich darks, classic nudes, and everything in between, limited color selection due to ecological restraints has officially become a thing of the past.
Since it’s launch, the brand has expanded to include products such as soy nail polish remover, a recycled glass nail file, and the PRITI Princess nail polish collection. The first line of non-toxic nail polishes for children, PRITI Princess nail polishes come in 8ml bottles (as opposed to the 12 ml size of a standard nail polish)- perfect for the hands of tiny fashionistas. The PRITI NYC Princess polish collection was named by the company’s honorary creative director, Siena- who also happens to be D’Amato’s 9 year old daughter.
PRITI NYC is very active in working with various charities and events in the community that support both environmental and women’s issues. The brand regularly collaborates with other socially conscious companies and charities, including Donna Karan’s Urban Zen Foundation, Group for the East End’s Ecofabulous in the Hamptons, and Teens Turning Green to develop a private label polish exclusively for Whole Foods Market.
PRITI NYC is also a proud sponser of New York & Miami Fashion Week since 2005. With the proud pleasure of creating custom nail colors for world-renowned designers runway shows including Donna Karan, Monique Lhuillier, Izaac Mizrahi, Carlos Miele, Tommy Hilfiger, Bebe, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Tuleh, Bahar Shapar, Devi Kroel, Caroline Siekaly, G-Star, Marc Bouwer, Susan Cianciolo, Thakoon, Proenza Schouler, Rachel Roy, Victoria Bartlett, Wayne, Milly, Michon Schur, Issa London, Willow, Yuna Yang, Twinkle, Poko Pano, V Del Sol, Marysia, Vitamin A, and Crystal Jin, among many others.
PRITI NYC SOY NAIL POLISH REMOVER
PRITI NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover is truly one-of-a-kind. Developed exclusively by PRITI NYC, PRITI NYC is the only company to carry a beauty product so ingenious and unique. Not only is the remover 100 percent biodegradable, non-toxic, and non-carcinogenic, but it is also housed in an apothecary style bottle that is completely recyclable.
The luxury remover has been infused with soybean esters, is naturally derived, and contains lemongrass essential oils. That’s it. No acetone, no carcinogens- and it really works! In addition, Priti Soy Nail Polish remover leaves hands and nails feeling moisturized and nourished with a sweet citrus scent.
Signing off now.